Dogs Welcome Award for our holiday cottages
We are pleased to have been awarded the VisitEngland Dogs Welcome accreditation as we have openly welcomed dogs since the start. All of our Suffolk holiday cottages have enclosed gardens making them very dog-friendly. This page tells you more about the criteria that we have in place to conform with the guidelines for Dogs Welcome.
Our stunning holiday cottages have everything you need to make sure that you and your dog are comfortable. Whether your furry friend is a Great Dane or a Chihuahua, Woodfarm Barges is a haven for dogs and dog-owners alike.
To be awarded the Dogs Welcome accreditation by VisitEngland, we must adhere to certain criteria. This criteria is listed below:
- Water bowls and food bowls available
- Torch and nightlights available
- Refrigeration facilities
- Chews or treats (which can be chargeable according to the criteria, but we tend to provide a treat at no extra charge!)
- Suitable pet waste disposal facilities
- Poop bags
- Pet washing facilities and towels available
- Following each departure, all areas used by pets are cleaned thoroughly to remove any evidence of them (including odours). We have a stringent cleaning regime anyway, with extra precautions and processes after we have had pets in our accommodation.
- Where dogs have free access to garden areas, suitable fencing should be provided. All of our cottages have secure, enclosed gardens.
As a Dogs Welcome accredited holiday cottage, we are also duty bound to display vital pet owner information at a central easily accessible information point. We provide all the necessary information for pet owners on local vets doctors, dentists, hospitals and all night chemists.
Whether you want to take your dog on a walk through the glorious Suffolk countryside, or along a scenic coastal path, we provide maps and books suitable for reference on walking dogs in the area.
We offer lots of informational material inside the cottages, but visitors also have access to a central info point and bike shed with far more info than you could get through in a month!
We have a special page on our sister website www.wheredowe.co.uk, giving you lots of ideas of places to enjoy dog friendly places and walks around the area. From dog-friendly pubs and restaurants, to dog parks and brilliant walks, Suffolk has plenty of beautiful locations for dog owners to choose from.
In addition, we have general information for our guests on the locations and opening times of the nearest shops, bank/cash machines, public telephones, post offices, and much more.
We Brits love our dogs, and with plenty of fresh air, greenery and long walks at the ready, Woodfarm Barns in Suffolk is the perfect staycation for you and your pup. We take our Dogs Welcome accreditation seriously, so we strive every year to exceed our standards in order to give you the best holiday possible.
If you’re interested in a Suffolk holiday with your dog, browse our dog-friendly holiday cottages here, or if you have any questions send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible.