Dogs Welcome Award for our holiday cottages
We are so pleased to have been awarded the VisitEngland Dogs Welcome accreditation as we have openly welcomed dogs since the start. All of our Suffolk holiday cottages have enclosed gardens making them very dog friendly. This page tells you more about the criteria that we have in place to conform with the guidelines for Dogs Welcome
So, the criteria;
* Water bowls and food bowls available
* Torch and nightlights to be available
* Refrigeration facilities
* Chews or treat (which can be chargeable) – well, we provide a treat at no extra charge
* Suitable pet waste disposal facilities
* Poop bags
* Pet washing facilities and towels available
* Following each departure, all areas used by pets to be cleaned thoroughly to remove any evidence of them (including odours) – we have a stringent cleaning regime anyway, with extra precautions and processes when we have had pets in
* Where dogs have free access to garden areas, suitable fencing should be provided – all our cottages have secure, enclosed gardens
We are also duty bound to display the following information at a central easily accessible information point:
We provide all the necessary information for pet owners on local vets doctors, dentist, hospital and all night chemists
Maps and books suitable for reference on walking dogs in the area. We have lots of info in the cottages but also have a central info point and bike shed with far more info than you could get through in a month!
We have a special page on our other website Where Do We? giving you lots of ideas of places to enjoy dog friendly places and walks around here.
In addition we have information for our guests on the location and opening times of the nearest shops, nearest bank/cash machine, public telephone, post office etc.
There are info folders in all our cottages with lots of details of local dog-friendly restaurants and pubs – again, in addition to all the info we hold here, we have loads of ideas on Where Do We?